How Do I Become A CCAC Approved Trainer?
All Connecticut Charts-A-Course approved trainers must:
- Be members of the Connecticut Professional Registry.
- Request access and approval as a trainer from Connecticut Professional Registry.
Trainers must fulfill one of the four criteria below:
- Associate Degree OR enrolled in a Bachelor (or equivalently planned) program with at least 60 credits earned:
PLUS 2 years working as a child care provider,
- 30 of these credits must be in early childhood education,
- AND three of these credits MUST be any one of the following Early Childhood Education areas: Child Development (birth to age eight), Child Psychology (birth to age eight), or Developmental Psychology (birth to age eight),
- AND three of these credits MUST be in Introduction to Early Childhood Education,
PLUS 2 years responsibility for the professional growth of another adult.
- Associate Degree in either Early Childhood Education, Child Development or Home Economics:
AND 2 years of experience working directly with children as a child care provider,
PLUS 2 years of responsibility for professional growth of another adult.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate Degree in either Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Home Economics
AND 1 year of experience working directly as a child care provider,
PLUS 1 year of responsibility for the professional growth of another adult.
- Specialty degrees outside the field of Early Childhood Education with relevant experience. Due to the diverse nature of Connecticut Charts-A-Course Core Areas of Knowledge, college degrees of potential trainers are not limited to the field of Early Childhood Education.
Trainers also have to meet these additional requirements for approval:
- Mandatory completion of the Adult Learning Theory Train-the-Trainer (TTT) Session.
- Completion of specific college degree for delivery of:
- Completion of specific college credits and completion of train-the trainer sessions for delivery of:
- Any topic in the Infant/Toddler, Early Language and Literacy and/or Inclusive Child Care strands.
- Completion of train the trainer sessions for delivery of the following related topics:
- Preschool Assessment Framework
- Preschool Curriculum Framework
- CT’s Guidelines for the Development of Infant and Toddler Early Learning.